How to sign your Connecticut title when selling your vehicleThe registered owner of the vehicle should complete the following easy steps:
- First sign the back of the title where indicated by “Signature(s) of Seller(s)”.
- Second print (don’t sign) your name on the back of the title where it reads “Printed Name of Seller(s)”.
How to get a duplicate title for my vehicle
If the vehicle was last titled in a state other than Connecticut, you must apply for a duplicate title in the previous state in which the vehicle was last titled.
The registered owner of the vehicle should complete the following steps:
- Request the Conneticut Request for Duplicate Certificate of Title Application. Fill out the form when it arrives in the mail.
- A lien release must accompany the application if a lien was listed on the original title.
- You can choose to do one of the following options: Bring your duplicate title application to your local Conneticut DMV, or, Mail your application to the CT division of motor vehicles at:
Department of Motor Vehicles
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161
Please note that there is a 15 day waiting period before a duplicate title can be issued and the cost is $25.00. (Paid to the CT division of motor vehicles).