How to sign your Wyoming automobile title when selling your vehicle

Wyoming titles may need to be notarizedThe registered owner of the vehicle should do the following: If there is more than one owner of the vehicle, both must sign the title.Click to enlarge

How to get a duplicate automobile title

If the vehicle was last titled in a state other than Wyoming, you must apply for a duplicate title in the previous state.

The registered owner of the vehicle should do the following:
Go to your local county treasurer’s office and fill out a quick application for duplicate title. These forms vary from county to county.

Please note that there may be a waiting period before a duplicate title can be issued and the cost is $9.00. (Paid to the WY department of transportation).

Frequently asked questions

Do I need to return my licence plates to the state?

Yes, unless you are transferring the plates to a new vehicle. You can return the plates to your local county clerk’s office.

Do I need to cancel my auto insurance?

Notify your auto insurance company that you have sold your car so they can either cancel your policy, or transfer/renew the policy to your new vehicle.

Is there anything else I need to do?

You may need to notify your local county clerk’s office that you have sold the vehicle. You can contact them with any additional questions or concerns about the transfer of your title.